Whether helping a young couple purchase their first home or assisting a recent retiree finance their vacation property, a career as a mortgage originator can be very rewarding.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Nurturing new customer relationships; developing realtor and contractor referral network.
- Quickly responding to any walk in or phone requests.
- Reviewing loan applications to ensure proper documentation.
- Updating applications as necessary, copying loan documents and updating status report.
- Cross-selling bank products and in-house loans.
- Accurate and timely preparation and delivery to the borrower(s) of the early disclosures for all approved loan applications.
- Reviewing any loan declinations with the underwriter. Following up with the customer to offer other products.
The ability to communicate with customers and co-workers, along with a high degree of speed and accuracy are just two of the skills needed to be a successful mortgage originator. If you feel you have what it takes, a career as a mortgage originator might be right for you.